Written for the victims and families in Aurora, Colorado

Demon

He rolled red tongue
out of sight.
Horns covered
features of fiery evil
cloaked behind black mask.

Dressed in midnight ink,
slithered in,
hiss of snake.
Colored gases burst, gunshots.
Will it matter why?

shared at http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/

This entry was posted in Purple's Home. Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Written for the victims and families in Aurora, Colorado

1. Sara, this was powerful writing. While I don’t subscribe to the idea of evil vs. good, I do understand that mental disorders are usually the case. Too bad only the “going postal” folks get headlines rather than the majority of us with mental disorders, who are functional in society and not prone to violence.

Dedicating i to the families was a good touch, a noble gesture. Thank you for caring enough to write a poem aobut this tragedy. Peace, Amy

2. Misky says:

Such a heartfelt tribute is, I hope, felt and shared by others who will question how this tragedy happened.

3. markwindham says:

a demon indeed, and no, ‘why’ does not matter in the end.

4. ella says:

Yes, this view says it all…I think though it was meant for the Monday prompt, not the Sepia Photo challenge. I enjoyed your vivid imagery…you painted the demon, so well~

5. ella says:

You should post this one in the Open Link Monday…so it won’t be missed~
    ATB 😀

6. No, I don’t think it matters why. Knowing why, if we ever do, won’t help the innocent victims.

Kay, Alberta, Canada

7. I love this part:

“Dressed in midnight ink,
    slithered in”

8. Susan says:

Powerfully done. I agree totally. The question is rhetorical. The image says the story. It reminds me of Iago in “Othello,” the one pure representative of evil in all of Shakespeare. There is no reason, except maybe because he can.

But this devil from Aurora, is alive–a new twist to the story where he takes people with him to his death–and so People will care about how the press handles this and let’s the torture continue!

9. zongrik says:

i like dressed in midnight ink a lot

4 child with book senryu

10. Pingback: Sunday Whirl...dreaming |

11. coalblack says:

I’m sorry I missed your contribution to my FF challenge! I missed visiting two or three late birds I hadn’t known were there. Anyway, no, I don’t think it will matter very much why. It was truly a shocking and horrible thing.