Invincible

Written for:  The Sunday Whirl, Wordle #244

Words:  crooked, smoke, name, phantoms, God, words, water, three, pebbles, lead, moon, light

He believes he is chosen
by God to be the stone
that leads the pebbles.
Everyone knows his name,
listens to his lying
words, and thinks he can
walk on water. Will no one
see the light–his crookedness,
his three marriages . . .his hair?

When the smoke clears, will all
those phantoms the rest of us know
are there, come out
under a full moon
and howl?

12 Responses to Invincible

1. oldegg says:

Politics is a bit like a religion isn’t it. A belief system where you follow blindly like vulnerable lambs being lead instead by wolves.

2. C.C. says:

Haha….love it….I think I can hear the howling already 😉

3. Now I wonder who you had in mind? Nice one.

‘My friend’…a few words of whimsy

4. Jae Rose says:

I hope it’s a case of pride before the fall..either that or we have to get that hairpiece to smother him and stop him doing even more damage..a powerful and intelligent poem – which can’t help but make you wonder why the wrong people are in power

5. The hair? LoL Let’s hope he falls so hard he can’t help but howl. Love your way of thinking, Sara!

6. Misky says:

There will be a lot of howling if he wins…

7. mzach456@comcast.net says:

if only

Liked by 1 person

8. whimsygizmo says:

I feel this, deeply. Sigh.

Liked by 1 person

9. The stone leading the pebbles. A rocky Pied Piper?

Except this piece has this Pied Piper as a miscreant.
    Although I don’t know what three marriages and hair might have to do with this self-proclaimed leader’s crookedness.

However, I can feel those closing words you wrote: when the smoke clears, all those phantoms the rest of us know are there, come out under a full moon and howl? I feel those lines as prophetic and pathetic, as well as comical.

Interesting piece.