Paper Pages

Written for:  Poets United Midweek Motif~Books  (posted by Sumana)

These days we read both P(Print)-Book and E(Electronic)-Book. We may be traditional (being raised on ink and paper) only interested in a physical book or be prone to more complex technology. We are the happy denizens of the world of Books.

“ Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few to be chewed and digested;” — Francis Bacon

Hard covers are prime
for home reading. Pages
of thickness to turn
between fingers. Some
are textured with uneven
edges. Always a sharp, fresh
scent of new paper. Lettering
limned to genre sweeps
you into other lives, places,
times, and the rare illustration
that seems to pop off the page.
Compare touch of glass to that
of paper. No contest.

This entry was posted in Purple's Home and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Paper Pages

1. thotpurge says:

Compare touch of glass to that
    of paper. No contest…. Absolutely! Prefer a book in hand though might eventually have to move on to other forms.

Liked by 1 person

2. therisa says:

There’s something magical, in holding the printed word, on paper, that a tablet or computer screen can’t match. The smell of a book, whether new or old, tells of its journey, through time, to reach us, the reader. Sadly, like the newspaper, its days, are numbered, but until then, I will buy my books, in paper, please.

Liked by 1 person

3. Sumana Roy says:

Correct…I’m for P-Book too 🙂

Liked by 1 person

4. Rosemary Nissen-Wade says:

I appreciate all that too – but I have gone over to the dark side. Well, not entirely: I have a house full of paper books. But I do love being able to carry hundreds of volumes around with me at once, and to enlarge the type when I need to for these old eyes.

5. I agree, the e-books are very convenient when traveling, and the ability to enlarge print is very nice, but I STILL want a cozy corner in my home, an easy chair and a stack of books beside it!

6. magicalmysticalteacher says:

Oh, I much prefer paper to glass too. However, in my circumstances, far from a library, I find myself relying more and more on e-books. **sigh**

7. MYRNA ZACH says:

Atta girl

Liked by 1 person

8. Mary says:

I agree with you! There is definitely no contest. I really love that feel of paper!! And yes, a REAL hard cover book is the best. (I have a Kindle, but really seldom use it because reading on it isn’t quite the same.)

9. No contest indeed!