Demented Demarcation

Written for:  dVerse Poets – Poetics:  Border  (posted by Grace)
My prompt today is about border, that line separating two political or geographical areas, especially countries, or the outer part or edge. More than the physical boundaries, there are borders which are invisible, such as an imaginary, social or mental borders. These kind of borders are more challenging to overcome, don’t you agree?

Where is the border
between life on the ground,
and life after tumbling
down a rabbit hole? Logic
may insist that the border’s
circled edges begin
on earth side
of the rabbit hole.
Inhabitants of Wonderland
see demented demarcation lines
when they gaze upwards
toward the tunnel.
Perhaps it is not the Hatter
that is mad after all.

This entry was posted in Purple's Home and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to Demented Demarcation

1. I liked these lines especially: “Inhabitants of Wonderland
    see demented demarcation lines
    when they gaze upwards
    toward the tunnel.”
    Delightfully disorienting!

2. Sabio Lantz says:

Fun play in that Alice sort of way ! Very nice.

3. It’s all about perspective. Creative train of thought!

4. Oh I like the perspective of the hatter. Every border can be seen from two sides.

5. kim881 says:

I love the Alice refrences, Sara!

6. maria says:

Oh you got me thinking, perhaps not.

7. We’re all mad, here! Great poem 🙂 Love that unfathomable border and the different perspectives.

8. Frank Hubeny says:

I hadn’t thought about the perspectives of the inhabitants of wonderland when they look at us before. Interesting twist in perspective.

9. Love your deep Alice in wonderland perspective here Sara!

10. Grace says:

Depends really on whose perspective ~ I like the Alice Wonderland analogy Sara ~

11. Janice says:

I think you’ve captured a message of the Alice tale very well.

12. lillian says:

Excellent post….the rabbits hole may appear differently for those peering up (seem never ending) and for those just beginning to peer down (it must have a soft landing down there?)
    Perhaps we are, at some time or another, all mad hatters?

13. Love the tops turvi-ness of this, Sara. Which way is up? And who’s mad??

14. That should have been topsy turvi-ness! Wow. Autocorrect changed it twice. Hate it when that happens!