Roses

Written for:  Poets United Midweek Motif~The Flower:  Rose
Say it with Roses today.

Write whatever it means to you. You might even focus on its thorns if you so wish.

Such a gentle, beautiful and aristocratic flower has deep rooted ties not only with love but also with religion and politics.

Comestible_rose_in_the_Laquenexy_orchard_garden,_Moselle,_France_(01)

You cannot
save a dying rose,
but suppose
you hang it
upside down. Dry petals make
fragrant potpourri.

This entry was posted in Purple's Home and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Roses

1. I love that, even dying, roses offer beauty in dried petal potpourri…………

2. Susan says:

Sometimes I remember to do that … Thank you for saving the moment.

3. Sumana Roy says:

Their after life moments are also so beautiful. Well captivated, Sara.

4. oldegg says:

I live in a first floor apartment and do miss my old garden with roses. Perhaps I will get a rose in a pot to put on my balcony!

5. mhmp77 says:

kaykuala

It sustains its existence even dried up of energy but not its aesthetics! Very much so, Sara!

Hank

6. Hopeful says:

I like how you ended your rose poem with something good out of it. Very triumphant and positive. Happy Thanksgiving…

7. Sarah Lea Stories says:

Lovely. A rose’s second life, a rose, repurposed.

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )