Finding Each Other

Written for:  dVerse Poets Pub – Haibun Monday – Pleasantly Surprised

A friend I have not seen nor been in touch with for over eight years,
came back into my life, via my poetry blog. How startling it was
to see a comment from her pop up on my screen. We met for lunch
at another friend’s house, also missing from my life. We were thrilled
to see each other, and reminisced about our work years together.
We laughed at old pranks, trashed our old boss as was fitting and proper,
and promised to stay in touch. Conversation picked up seamlessly
from where we left off in another lifetime.

stones tossed in ocean
wash up on shore with tide
drift back out in moonlight

27 Responses to Finding Each Other

1. Frank Hubeny says:

It is nice running into friends unexpectedly. The internet perhaps makes that more likely to happen today. I liked your haiku describing the journey of a stone in the ocean.

2. Charley says:

A priceless meeting. A very appropriate and worthy haiku!

3. I love when meetings like that happen suddenly and after so long!

4. X says:

It is always a blessing when friends that we lost touch with
    suddenly reappear in our lives. I hope that you and your friends
    do stay in touch. Life is too short to lose those we really love.

5. kim881 says:

A gorgeous haiku, Sara!

6. lillian says:

Oh….wish you could have heard my verbal “oh wow” to this empty room as I finished reading your haiku! A verbal response to your haibun. So perfect that haiku! Some friends are like that right? You haven’t seen them for years and yet when you sit down with them, the comfort and the ease is right back with the two of you. And then they drift out of your life again…leaving the moonlight glow feel. Perfect!!!

7. annell4 says:

Yes, it is the way it is. I have always wondered about stones, and how they move. I love to pick them up and carry them for a while, I always hope I am taking them in the direction they want to go.

8. Loved your haiku and how it complimented the prose so well

9. Kathy Reed says:

Wonderful haiku and fun story!

10. I would love for that to happen… but I guess none of my friends read poetry.

11. What synchronicity! And you tell the story so well!

12. Singledust says:

i loved every line Sara! and your haiku conveyed the image of people meeting like stones washed to shore by a psychic tide.

13. lynn__ says:

Wonderful story, Sara, and a stunning haiku!