The Rage

Written for:  dVerse Poets Pub – Meeting the Bar:  “Brevity”  (posted by Frank)
The theme today is brevity. In particular it is to write a poem with no more than five lines. There are no other constraints.

The rage
of the children
cannot be understood
by access to guns, which promote
the rage.

20 Responses to The Rage

1. Excellent and extremely sad to the degree of an emergency, Sara.

2. Frank Hubeny says:

Guns do allow rage to express itself in violent ways.

3. It’s the consequences of rage that multiply I think…

4. Waltermarks says:

There is to way to put rage back in the box, once we let it out. A weapon more terrible than any. The proliferation of firearms among the people also proliferates rage, well said Sarah

5. rothpoetry says:

You are right about this one… very hard to understand what society is thinking.

6. Singledust says:

i am so sad to read about another senseless shooting and the loss of innocent lives yet again by the same thing, guns, when will there be a change. so heartbreaking

7. Rosemary Nissen-Wade says:

Absolutely right and very well said.

8. Mish says:

The mentality baffles me….the idea that guns are needed to protect against guns. That is called a war. I am glad I live in a more peaceful country.

9. what becomes of us when we power and money are what matters most? BOTH sides are guilty of politics in my opinion.