Softened Edges

Written for:  Imaginary Gardens With Real Toads – Tuesday Platform  (posted by Sanaa)
“If you have any thoughts to share, ideas you wish to release into the wild or a world view to express, then you have come to the right place. Please share a poem of your choice and enjoy the company of your fellow scribes. We look forward to reading you and hope you have a wonderful day ahead.”

An appearance of sun,
a warmer wind, and
ever so subtly
edges of blackness
soften to muted
a pastel palette
of promise.

This entry was posted in Purple's Home and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to Softened Edges

1. This is for me the essence of spring… just around the corner!

2. I love poetry that brings in elements of art:
    edges of blackness
    soften to muted

Oh spring. Coming in slowly but surely. Lovely.

4. thotpurge says:

pastel palette of promise… beautiful…

5. mhmp77 says:

a pastel palette
    of promise.

Your closing lines indicate a lot of expectations are forthcoming. It points to the strength of the poem which makes it alive. Short and sweet Sara!

6. Oh love spring approaching… we currently have the coldest winterdays for this year

7. sanaarizvi says:

“a pastel palette of promise”….sigh… now that is stunning!💖💖

8. “An appearance of Sun” – but the wind is chilling….awaiting spring indeed !

Liked by 1 person

9. Bakshi Ji says:

Awesome dear mam :). Few words from me :
    Promise of the nature like promise of beloved wife ,
    For fighting all odds to bring springs in life .
    Full of joy , love and fun ,
    Sufficient for life to have smooth run. 🙂

10. Blue M. says:

This is really gorgeous, Sara. This is why I love short poems so much — and yours are always the right length. I love your work.

All we need for a beautiful promise. Artists, use it wisely.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )