Written for:  Poets United Midweek Motif~Scream

comfort each other,
I want to shriek,
stamp my feet, shake
my fist, and witness
a miracle.

18 Responses to Witness

Bless your heart. I know the feeling. I wanted the same thing as I watched my mother dying. I am so sorry about your friend. Sometimes the heavens are silent.

2. susan says:

I have a father and dear friend near this situation. I agree. Oh, come the miracle–be it merciful ife or merciful death. Perfect poem.

3. thotpurge says:

I think we can all relate to that feeling..nicely said.

4. Yes, Sara, that is the feeling – such a helpless feeling, watching life slipping away from those we love.

5. Sumana Roy says:

Been to this place. Well put sara.

6. I know the feeling, I think we all do. And although a scream might help, it would not be honored.

7. Khaya Ronkainen says:

I certainly can relate to your piece.

8. magicalmysticalteacher says:

I’ve been there too: watching and waiting for a miracle. Meanwhile, I scream.

9. oldegg says:

I like many other of your commenting friends have been through this and how helpless we all felt hoping for that flicker of life acknowledging our words, even a grunt to say I know you are there.

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )