Bourbon Vanilla

Written for:  dVerse Poets Pub – Open Link Night #220  (posted by Bjorn)

Madagascar vanilla
that split bean, roll
it across your tongue
while spooning vanilla
ice cream.

28 Responses to Bourbon Vanilla

1. Charley says:

Oh, only sip it from the bottle when you have the shakes! Your poem could almost make me forgo my essential passion. Do they make dark chocolate candles?

Well written. Lush sensory experience.

2. Grace says:

Yummy and love the sensory fragrance and taste of vanilla !

3. rothpoetry says:

Interesting how a little goes a long way, but a lot is totally overpowering! Good advice for relationships as well
    dwight

I love vanilla better than any other flavors. A sensual write!

5. Jo says:

Rich with sensory images — well done!

6. A bottle of vanilla essence fell over one day – the smell stayed for days! I think I’ll sprinkle some about regularly now.

7. annell4 says:

A lovely write, and true!! Beautiful that when the candle is snuffed out, the smell lingers.

8. I prefer vanilla in food to have it in candles actually… but there is nothing plain about vanilla.

9. Now I’m craving vanilla! And I don’t even (usually) care for vanilla. Such tempting play…

10. Frank Hubeny says:

I like how the candle’s scent can bring warmth and security to a room.

11. Ummmm, vanilla is my favorite. And yes, the essence is better than a swig would be!

12. The fact that I hate vanilla and love this poem speaks volumes of your skill 😀

13. Ok, ya had to get me hungry, Sara!

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

w