Looking At Lust

Written for:  Poets United Midweek Motif~Lust  (posted by Sumana)
“Today I want you to write about whatever ‘Lust’ means to you. It may be a special ardor, desire, passion, libido, fancy, craving and all the meanings referring to ‘lust’ in the dictionary.”

An obsession, lust. No matter
the noun in question. Those driven
to power will climb any height,
flatter any person to achieve
their goals. Whole families fall
by the wayside, and friends are
supporters who can aid and bolster.

Easier to grasp lust of lovers.
Quickening heartbeat, fluttering
stomach–anticipation of stolen
moments of heat, burning eyes,
slick bodies sated and spent
where scent itself renews lust.

Do you have an obsession?

19 Responses to Looking At Lust

1. I have a few obsessions, actually! 🙂 But, like you, I don’t really understand lust for power; carnal desire is much easier to relate to.

2. susan chast says:

I like the question and comparison here. Sexual lust, mutually pleasurable and harming no one is an obsession I hve relished. The same indulgence spiritually is pretty great too.

3. Lust for power is the worst, as we are witnessing…….I prefer the second stanza. Smiles.

4. Sumana Roy says:

I agree with Sherry about the first one. I am all for this lust of your second stanza 🙂

5. oldegg says:

I must confess I have a lust for life as I can beauty in everything…except politics and racism, Oh yes then there is greed, disrespect, cruelty and crime, etc.

6. Love your description of the lovers. Yes, it’s like that.

Liked by 1 person

7. Vivian Zems says:

Some lusts are easier to grasp…. as you describe. The only lust for power I see is manifested by that bloke in the White House! Liked this😊

8. MYRNA ZACH says:

sure do Min t chocolate chip ice cream

9. thotpurge says:

scent itself renews lust.. absolutely!

10. Marja says:

Good one Lust for power is alien to me but I know of others like the chocolate one

Liked by 1 person

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

w