Twitter Me This

Written for:  Poets United  Midweek Motif~”a bundle of contradictions” (from
Ann Frank’s last letter)  (posted by Susan)

Make one new poem with the motif “a bundle of contradictions.” Alternatively, make a new poem with a motif inspired by Anne Frank.

anne-frank-quotes-1

I wonder if you realize
at day’s end, all the lies
you have told. If analyzed,
I doubt anyone would be surprised
to find your pathology compromised.
Oh, those sunken beady eyes
in folds of fat from fast food French fries.
It’s the role of dictator to which you ascribe.
America First, with no allies.
Your proclamations for the common man belie
those heavy taxes they’ll be forced to abide.
Behind family façade you seek to hide;
your ears are closed to children’s cries.

18 Responses to Twitter Me This

1. Therisa says:

Sadly, Trump is holding the entire United States, like the bully he is, to get his southern border wall built. Do the toothless Republicans in Congress stand up and show some backbone. Not holding my breath for that.

2. magicalmysticalteacher says:

I love the Anne Frank quote. Maybe the guy you’re referring to in your poem says a lot to cover up for his lack of thought.

3. Susan says:

Sad but true, the contradictions are rife and seem strategic.

4. Sumana Roy says:

I like how you build up contrasts in almost all lines.

5. Sherry says:

Well said. He is both pathological and demented. I cant believe this is even happening. No checks and balances seem to be operating though NO ONE ELSE would get away with a fraction of this crap. Gah.

6. Some serious contradictions indeed!

7. Hey Sara! How’s your arm? You know what’s good rehab when you’re able? Writing poetry at Poetic Bloomings that Marie and I are reopening! The gang is being alerted and they all seem enthused. Wouldn’t be the same without you! Sunday prompts starting this weekend. Walt.

8. annell4 says:

Yes, it is a shame. One might want to be a leader, but oh how sad, to know he will never be.

9. MYRNA ZACH says:

Hail to the chief

> WordPress.com

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )