Dark Thoughts

Written for:  dVerse Poets Pub – Poetics:  “Unseen Things”  (posted by Jilly)
“Only about 5% of the universe is visible matter. There are many things that we cannot see but that exist nonetheless. Dark matter, radio waves, emotions, gravity, magnetism, love, time, thoughts. There are magical things that we cannot see, yet we believe they exist, like souls and the realm of spirits and fairies.

Write a poem that explores what you would see and experience.”

Dark thoughts are inkblots

Shape shift! Excellent!

2. mhmp77 says:

kaykuala

I wish the space
    they occupy
    had a limit.

If only they can rightly show themselves more positively!

Hank

3. annell4 says:

Dark thoughts, should be banished…to far away places. There is no time for them, the trouble makers.

4. V.J. Knutson says:

They do tend to be resilient, no matter how many times we banish them. You and I were on the same wavelength for this challenge. Well done.

5. This is relatable and well-written. I like the phrase “inkblots splotched” and the way that you put a line break between shape-shift.

6. Frank Hubeny says:

Very nice. I liked the comparison of those dark thoughts to a temporary but limitless tattoo.

7. lillian says:

OKAY…..an out loud OHHHHH just escaped my lips as I ended the reading of this short but powerful write! Like ink blots….what is that Rorshack (sp?) test where the blots are in different shapes? Shapeshifter — dark thoughts. So very well done here!

8. Lona Gynt says:

“I always recognize them…” very insightful. There is the truth that might be at the root of conscience. The antidote is to realize that light thoughts also have no limits on the space they can occupy? Lot’s to think about here. Thank you!