Creamy Rice Pudding

Written for:  dVerse Poets Pub – Open Link Night, “Celebrate with me Today!”
(posted by Lillian)

Did you know that August 9th is officially:
National Hand Holding Day
National Rice Pudding Day
National Book Lovers Day
International Day of the World’s Indigenous People
National Polka Day
So let’s celebrate!
Pick ONE from the list above and let me know here on the pub chat page, which one you’ll rock with today. Let’s see which one gets the most votes!!

rice pudding

Creamy rice pudding
whether stove top
or oven is invariably welcome
in my mouth.  Fragrance
of cinnamon, smoothness
of custard, sweetness
of golden raisins. Some
top it with whipped cream.
I am a purist (also not fond
of whipped cream). Go on,
celebrate! Give your mouth
a party of taste and texture,
with creamy rice pudding,
stove top or oven.

This entry was posted in Purple's Home and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Creamy Rice Pudding

1. Frank Hubeny says:

I don’t think I have ever tasted rice pudding, but it sounds very good whipped cream or not.

2. V.J. Knutson says:

Oh, I love rice pudding. These days I make it with brown rice and coconut milk – still good.

3. rothpoetry says:

I love it. Taste buds celebrating up and down your tongue!

4. sanaarizvi says:

Okay my mouth is watering 😍 this is delicious! 💜

5. lillian says:

Hah! I’d never hosted OLN before, usually do Poetics or Quadrille….and a few weeks ago, Haibun Monday for the first time. So hosting OLN was new to me…..and since it’s a “free” day – as in, anyone can post one poem of their choosing, no form and no requirements of content…I just had to do an “introduction” of sorts for the “prompt” that isn’t a prompt! If that makes sense? So I decided to look up the date, August 9, and see if it was significant at all. I found all thise “designated” holidays! And one dVerse poet from South Africa pointed out in the chat that it was National Women’s Day in S. Africa. So — folks could “vote” for which day they’d celebrate, but did not have to write about that holiday….OLN – a free day to write anything they would like. You and just a few others chose to actually use the holiday chosen for the topic of the poem. And, once again, with yours, I’m sooooo glad you did! This is, in a word, a DELICIOUS post! I can taste the pudding! Your descriptive words are delectable!
    “Give your mouth
    a party of taste and texture,” and oh my we did!
    SO glad you posted this. So much delicious fun!

6. As a child it was always on the stove. This time I tried the oven. Both fabulous!

7. I’ll pass. I never overcame getting sick after eating rice pudding as a kid. Still, your verses do tempt me… 🙂

8. mhmp77 says:

kaykuala

Rice puddings, Mom’s favorite offering, that keeps her memory alive! Rightly so, Sara!

Hank

9. Such a long time since I had anything like that (wonder if Swedish rice pudding is anything like this… but I remember liking it)