The Real Deal

the ocean?

Can words be as lovely
as the rush and tingle
of falling in love?

Can you pen a Monet?

22 Responses to The Real Deal

Can you pen a Monet? that is quite a question Sara. It is certainly making me think.

Liked by 1 person

2. Beautiful, Sara. I loved it.

3. Pat: willow88switches says:

Like Toni, I too really like the last line. Wow, that was unexpected and adds a really fascinating touch – leaves me thinking on the impressionistic works, their beauty for the sensuous, of light, colour, form, and how in some way, they touch you without you being able to quite understand exactly how …. so to “pen” a Monet – well, that would be pretty incredible … this is a really cool little poem Sara 🙂

4. mhmp77 says:

kaykuala

That is a tall order, Sara! The challenge will face a lack of participation. Not many can delve into an artist’s mind!

Hank

5. It was already lovely, and opening up some good almost-rhetorical questions … and then that last line made me laugh with simultaneous surprise and agreement.

6. sanaarizvi says:

Exquisite write, Sara! ❤

7. Kerry says:

The images go straight to the sensory perceptions.. cold salt.. that is very good indeed.

8. Beautiful… I think you have painted with beautiful ink.

9. MrsBednar says:

awesome last line!

10. SatyaPriya says:

That last line! It says it all. Monet painted the simple, as you do here, both of you in masterful strokes and dabs.

11. priscillaking says:

Well, I remembered a whiff of the ocean while reading it…