Back to Human

Written for:  dVerse Poets Pub – “School Days, School Days”  (posted by Lillian)
“So what is the prompt? I’d like you to write what I call an ALPHABET SESTET! The sestet part is easy: 1 poem of six lines. But what do I mean by an “alphabet” sestet? Easy again. Choose a 6 letter sequence in the alphabet, for example A-B-C-D-E-F or perhaps J-K-L-M-N-O. Those letters, in that sequence, are the first letters of the first words in each corresponding line — as in line 1 starts with a word that begins with J; line 2 starts with a word that begins with K; line 3 with L; line 4 with M; line 5 with N; line 6 with O. This is not an acrostic!”

United, we might stand again
victorious as a human race
where facts are not in dispute.
Xenophobia may decrease,
yellow journalism a thing of the past.
Zealots would fall.  We would take a higher route.

28 Responses to Back to Human

1. I hope that this is not at all wishful thinking!

2. Grace says:

I agree. I hope that we remember this: United, we might stand again.

3. lillian says:

Oh YES, PLEASE……let this happen in November! VOTE!

Liked by 1 person

4. Singledust says:

yellow journalism seems to work against society, thank you for mentioning this, w often forget we need rubbish and need to filter – a very strong sestet

5. mhmp77 says:

kaykuala

Zealots would fall.
    We would take a higher route.

We are expected to counter much unhappiness on the political scene. Very much so Sara!

Hank

6. Beverly Crawford says:

Oh, would that we take a higher route. We seem to have sunk to great lows, for sure!

7. Frank Hubeny says:

Hopefully we can be “victorious as a human race”.

8. Dorianna says:

what a nice thought that ‘we would take a higher route’…unitedly.

Bravo!!!! Most excellent words!

10. Mish says:

You took the most difficult sequence and nailed it.
    I wish I could cast a vote from Canada. With the way things are going, we deserve the privilege.

11. If there is ever a higher route… it seems like we’ve been pulled down in mud.

12. merrildsmith says:

Oh, yes. I hope there is a change for the better soon!

13. I love the way you use this sestet for societal critique and a positive outcome! These words, especially appeal, “victorious as a human race
    where facts are not in dispute.”

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )