Creations

Written for:  dVerse Poets Pub – Meeting The Bar:  Repetition  (posted by Jilly)
“Repetition is all around us; in music, in advertising, in our everyday conversation. We use it for emphasis, to drive home our meaning, to get the reader/listener’s attention; we use it to make our songs catchy and singable; we use repetition to make our words more memorable.

Poets, like composers and lyricists, make use of repetition; we use repeated words, phrases and even repetition of complete lines.

Your challenge, my fellow poets, is to make use of repetition; perhaps select one of the types that I’ve mentioned, or blend several; you might try your hand at a repetitive form like a Villanelle.”

Writing, writing, I fear I cannot stop,
driven to words on paper without end,
trembling with fear of Demon’s writing block.

Paintings and photos move like hands of clock
through my head, translatable to poems I can bend.
Writing, writing, I fear I cannot stop.

I wish to write Monet, Van Gogh, Seurat.
How to make my words flourish and blend.
Trembling with fear of Demon’s writing block.

Can my words be seen as painting of a flock
of birds in formation, flying with friends?
Writing, writing, I fear I cannot stop.

Wish to pen true hues so that they pop,
and imagination sees, and comprehends.
Trembling with fear of Demon’s writing block.

Art allows room for inventing new trends,
language is power wielded with worthy pen.
Writing, writing, I fear I cannot stop,
trembling with fear of Demon’s writing block.

This entry was posted in Purple's Home and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to Creations

1. V.J. Knutson says:

It does feel like this sometimes – the creative process. Well done.

2. jillys2016 says:

Bravo! You do this form so well! This gains momentum as it progresses, giving a sense of urgency. Glad you joined in!

3. Charley says:

Great take on the form! Great reminder of what it’s like sometimes.

4. True words every writer can relate to.

5. Grace says:

Love the villanelle form on writing on and on. The best way to handle a block, is just to keep on and on.

6. Gina says:

it has such motion and momentum , like a writer chasing inspiration and not going to give up!

7. annell4 says:

A fear we all share, the fear of the”demon writing block” But even if he chooses to stop by, I shall not stop.

8. Frank Hubeny says:

I get that fear of Demon’s writing block before I start every post.

9. I agree just write… best way to do it… love the way you blend it with art. Great villanelle.

10. rothpoetry says:

You are definitely a writer! And a good one at that!!

11. Waltermarks says:

There is a great example of repetition, and so true. That’s why I stop writing for periods of time. I hope you find an escape, eek, lol

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )