Just a Pinch

Written for dVerse Poets Pub:  Poetics:  “Secret Ingredient” (posted by Gospel Isosceles)
“Thus far we’ve looked at secret ingredients within the context of recipes, as that is how we usually apply them. However, in our prompt let us venture away from the edible and add our own personal touches to a form. Without giving away any secrets, think about a form you feel confident in — sonnet, free verse, golden shovel, ode, ghazal, cinquain, etc. — and perhaps add a pinch or splash of something uniquely your own, not usually found within chosen form. Think subtle, but noticeable. Perhaps be particular with word choice to hint at the hidden undertones. Or overtones.”

She pinched him
and he cried out, Ow!
You know this
really hurts.
Yes, I’ve suffered toothaches, and
a pinch of clove works.

23 Responses to Just a Pinch

1. rothpoetry says:

Ah,,, but does it pay the bill! Love your duel use of pinch!

2. Silver says:

My husband says they help — cloves. He always shoves a wad in there if he’s got a toothache

3. ugh. i remember that week when my toothache was killing me. i heard clove was really good but cant find one! ugh. this is cute!

4. Violet Lentz says:

Although cloves have never worked for me, this poem does. the open and close pinches work well.

5. lillian says:

Ah…..the home remedies many time work the best! Nice one!

6. Lovely, I used it in the past and it works a treat! 😁💖

7. A great use of clove (but I use it to make glögg)

8. A bit strong for the babies, but yes! I keep clove oil in the house for my wisdom tooth flare-ups that happen every couple of years.

9. Grace says:

I have not tried this but it may work, smiles. Also loving the versatility of the word pinch.

10. Frank Hubeny says:

I like that pinch of clove.

11. rob kistner says:

Got a touch of the cantankerous there, eh Sara, pinching the poor guy… ;-). I liked the secret ingredient of clove…

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )