Sunflower Lagoon

Written for:  Imaginary Gardens With Real Toads – “Artistic Interpretations”  Alcohol Inks (posted by Margaret)

“Welcome to Artistic Interpretations. I am fortunate to share poetry with local poets once a month here in the Blue Ridge Parkway area of North Carolina. Sitting in a room surrounded with displayed art, it is truly a creative environment. Each month the venue has new local talent displayed and often the art work is for sale. I fell in love with these alcohol inks and I hope you find inspiration in them as well. Many were for sale for very reasonable prices (most within a $15 – $40 range) If you have a particular interest, please let me know and I can reach out and find out if it is still for sale.

Please interpret the image in any way you please, but I have listed the artist’s title below each image. I asked if I could photograph these images and I was given a thumbs up. I have twelve more to share with you for the next Artistic Interpretation’s challenge.”

Blue Lagoon

Blue Lagoon by O. Bentor (NFS)

Sunflower fingers ending
their season, droop.  Bits
and pieces of themselves drift
like dancing drops of colored
rain, layering the bottom of
blue lagoon.

19 Responses to Sunflower Lagoon

1. jasmine says:

Good heavens, this whole piece is gorgeous, but this I especially love:

“Bits
    and pieces of themselves drift
    like dancing drops of colored
    rain”

This is exactly how I feel. It isn’t sad, per se — just fragmented, and settled.

The painting does look like a sunflower! Nice interpretation. Lovely.

3. oldegg says:

For all the sadness of dying flowers I am sure they all look forward to next year.

4. kim881 says:

Oh yes, Sara, I can see the sunflower!

5. sanaarizvi says:

Oh this is gorgeous!! ❤❤

The lives of flowers, the lives of humans, the lives of all organic beings. Slowly aging, most if us, but faster as time passes. I was dodging an errant employee in a store yesterday and tripped and fell. It really shook my nervous system up.

Another, elderly, lady helped me up. The knowing employee left the scene without saying a word. It was nice of you to recognize this aging flower’s plight.

8. Oh I do love what you saw in the image.

9. “dancing drops of colored rain” I love that. What a beautiful interpretation of the image!

10. Margaret Elizabeth Bednar says:

beautiful – the dancing drops, the drooping, layering the bottom with bits of themselves – just LOVELY images.

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )