Red Heart in Pewter

Written for:  Sunday Muse #59

imagesCAQ11RJA (1)

Photography by Carlo Pautasso

Tendrils of death dangle
where once a heart, red
and beating, stood proud.
Thorns are the only
wounds left.  You could
have saved it if you had
cared.  Standing off
to the side, dreary as

the pock-marked pewter
of table and wall, you thought
of your own thirst first.

This entry was posted in Purple's Home. Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Red Heart in Pewter

1. wyndolynne says:

Yikes. The utter selfishness highlighted by the “pock-marked pewter” was breathtaking. 🙂

2. Carrie V. H. says:

You have captured the selfishness beautifully Sara! Sadly I have known a few souls like that.

3. Oh, wow! You aced it, Sara! Wonderful!

4. Margaret Elizabeth Bednar says:

selfishness only “wins” for so long. Eventually, the tables will turn!

Romance dies for various reasons, it does not have space or time for selfishness. Nicely penned, Sara, for me it reads well. I can relate with two instances in my life. Heart breaking and years abandoned.

6. Rall says:

Yes…there are 2 groups in life givers and takers. No guesses for the group which has infinitesimal numbers. Clue:: dead tulips:)

7. Susie Clevenger says:

Oh my, you have depicted selfish so precisely. Love this!

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )