What Will Surface?

Written for:  Imaginary Gardens With Real Toads – “Just One Word: Muddy”
(imagined by Marian)

muddy

Muddy Flooded River 590x332px

Muddy brown waters rage
and bubble like
a witch’s caldron,
flooding over houses,
land, people, animals
with a vengeance that
feels personal. Imagine
that it does not cease
until it has covered
over all the earth
and its sins.

20 Responses to What Will Surface?

Surprise finding, Sara. Maybe this is our reason for ‘Climate Change’ as we call it.

Instead of fire or flood, we will be consumed by mud. Fitting end for us.

3. Margaret Elizabeth Bednar says:

… the rainbow promises not another flood. But mud… yikes.

4. Kerry says:

Why does your ominous prediction fill me with a sense of joy.. an earth washed clean of corruption sounds so good.

5. Marian says:

Yes, imagine…. not hard to do, the way things are going. This short poem is quite powerful and I really appreciate it.

6. One day we’re buried in mud the next we’re panting in thirst…

7. Ominous….it may very well cover over a lot of the coastal areas before too many more years, including the one I am living in. Yikes.

8. Susie Clevenger says:

That is a dark scary image. I know the power of water.

9. Helen says:

I grew up in the Midwest close to the Mississippi, to this day the threat of flooding is frightening. Happy to be out in Bend on the High Desert! Beautiful write.

10. Some purification rituals are certainly more terrible than others, devastation through drowning has always made me shiver.

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )