Written for: Imaginary Gardens With Real Toads – Weekend Challenge
“Exquisite Corpse Poetry” (posted by Magaly)
“For today’s prompt, I invite you to create a 3-to-13-line poem using the Exquisite Corpse Solitaire method. To play the game solo, we shall use 5 groups of 13 words (I’ve shared them at the end of this post), and List Randomizer (a form that allows users to arrange items in random order). Just follow this link to Random.Org.”
Rules and Guidance, for Exquisite Corpse Poetry Solitaire:
1. Each line must contain the following (in the given order): adjective, noun, verb, adjective, noun.
2. You can change tense and number to help the found words fit your poem.
3. Use conjunctions and articles (only conjunctions and articles, please) to connect your found words.
4. The found word groups must remain in their original lines (Don’t break your found groupings!).
5. Punctuation is a friend to the Exquisite Corpse Poetry Solitaire player.
Dazzling eyes study unkempt undulations.
Flabby ears and quaint slain hands.
Clean coffee. Questions on slinky shorts.