Berries and Bees

Written for:  Wednesday Muse #13  (posted by Toni) – “Berries”
“Write about a memory you have about berries, picking them, eating them, strawberry shortcake, blackberry cobbler, berry ice cream. The choice is yours as is the poetic form.”

berries

by a bee!’ Mom packed
the lump with cool mud.
I recovered enough
to enjoy the pies.

18 Responses to Berries and Bees

1. Susie Clevenger says:

Oh, I had my share of bee stings, but oddly enough never in relation to berry picking. Love your memory.

2. Helen L Dehner says:

The simple memories of childhood … beyond precious.

I’m glad the “other kids” were with you, Sara. I would only have had my younger sister as we lived out in the country. The pie sounds delicious. Enough to negate the sting of the bee.

4. Margaret Elizabeth Bednar says:

Oh, this is lovely! A fantastic lead-in and ending.

5. Kerry says:

I’m not sure if this is the poem you intended to link to the Real Toads prompt, but i really enjoyed the read!

Great memory. Bees can be vicious if provoked but grandma’s pie heals everything makes it all better. 😊

7. Kestril Trueseeker says:

I loved picking blueberries with the kids during our Maine vacations. Thankfully no one got stung by a bee, but those blueberries were long gone before anyone thought to make a pie of them. 😀

8. Carrie V. H. says:

Glad you got to enjoy the pie after going through all of that Sara! That is a bittersweet memory indeed! Love it!

9. This took me back….way back………loved it. Nothing like Grandma’s pies.