Maladroit

Written for:  Imaginary Gardens With Real Toads – Weekend Mini-Challenge:  “Maladroit”
(Posted by Kim)

“The Cambridge English Dictionary defines ‘maladroit’ as an adjective meaning awkward in movement or unskilled in behaviour or action (clumsy) with the following example sentence:
‘She can be a little maladroit in social situations.’

Like many of the more interesting words in the English language, ‘maladroit’ comes from Old and Middle French: ‘mal’ meaning bad and ‘a droit’ meaning right, direct, straight or properly.”

“Write a new poem with the title “Maladroit” which conveys clumsiness, awkwardness, and anything associated with that condition or feeling.”

Maladroit describes him so well
Hammer becomes dangerous tool.
Thumbs slammed by mistake, start to swell.
Maladroit describes him so well
Accident prone, he feels the fool.
Maladroit describes him so well
Hammer becomes dangerous tool.

18 Responses to Maladroit

I like the repeating line in this. You put a nice spin on maladroit

2. kim881 says:

From knives to hammers! Both dangerous tools! I like the repetition in this poem, Sara, that hammers the point home.

3. jaerose37 says:

I love the repetition it really hammers the message home (if you’ll excuse the pun!)

4. Vivian Zems says:

There’s nothing clumsy about this form. Well done!

5. sanaarizvi says:

Excellent work on the form! ❤️ The repetition really brings the message through nicely 😀

6. Helen L Dehner says:

Hammer becomes a dangerous tool. This is like a mantra … loved it.

7. I’d rather be a hammer than a nail

Poor fellow, “Hammer becomes a dangerous tool.” His father didn’t teach him how too drive nails and he wasn’t paying attention in shop class.

9. Margaret Elizabeth Bednar says:

My son loves all kitchen utensils… I KNEW where my meat tenderizer was just last night – in his room with his clay! He loves hammers and such… so far no damage.