Written for: Poetic Bloomings2 – InForm: Pun-Ku (for Sal)
(1) Unlike the haiku that allows for a less than strict adherence to the 17-syllable rule, the pun-ku must be exactly 17 syllables long.
(2) It contains only four (4) lines arranged syllabically as follows:
Line 1: 4 syllables
Line 2: 5 syllables
Line 3: 4 syllables
Line 4: 4 syllables
(3) As for the end-rhyme pattern, Lines 1 and 2 do not rhyme. Lines 3 and 4 do. Scheme: a-b-c-c
(4) The pun-ku must contain a pun on one or more of the words used in the poem. The subject matter deals with human nature, is light, humorous, or witty.
(5) The title of the pun-ku can only be one- or two-words long (or short).
You said ice cream.
When are we going?
You’re still not dressed.
Now I’m depressed.