In Deepest Night

Written for:  Imaginary Gardens With Real Toads – Art FLASH!/55 in October

For this weekend’s art collaboration, I am introducing an illustrator in ink and purveyor of magic, McMonster, a perfect choice to set the tone for October.

McMonster has developed a unique style of painting with ink and has created a surreal world. As he describes it: Story telling with no narrative.
Take a look at this 1 minute clip, which encapsulates his process.

McMonster has kindly given permission for us to use the following piece for our poetic collaboration:

McMonster owl.png

In deepest night, white owls,
worshippers, and the moon
are the only entities seen.
Tonight, I am joined by a
lunette moon rowboat. I twine
my threads through air,
hoping for height, like web
of my spider friend. At least
I can be seen. City lights are
dim yellow spots in far off
people’s universe.

This entry was posted in Purple's Home and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to In Deepest Night

This is stunning!

2. Kerry says:

Ah, this is divine! I love the different perspective.. far from other people’s worlds.

3. jaerose37 says:

It’s good to fly away from the yellow lights – that feels like magic

4. sanaarizvi says:

Incredible close on this, Sara!! ❤️❤️

5. Sherry Marr says:

I LOVE how this poem opens. Wonderful!

6. To be separated from the other world is wonderful I think…. some times we need separation.

7. Kestril Trueseeker says:

Nighttime can show us the most interesting sights. The trick is to find our place within it.

8. Rob Kistner says:

I really dug the darkness in this image from McMonster, and I was drawn in by your capture of it Sara.

Your web woven through the air is still a mystery to me. We have them from a 20+ foot high light down to the earth, several up and down, up and down. I like the dark night also, here in Texas we add Venus, Moon’s companion light, to our list.

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )