Horroween

Written for:  Poets United Pantry #498  (posted by Sherry)
“I thought we might as well get into the spirit of Halloween this week, and get all cackly. Smiles. October has scurried by with the swiftness of falling leaves and fading daylight.”

witch 2 facebook

Ghosts, goblins, witches,
Jack-O-Lanterns missing stitches.
Foul-smelling toad brew
like some animals at the zoo.
The undead rise
to scare kids, I surmise.
Costumes of pirates, superheroes,
princesses,  and scarecrows.
If you manage not to get eaten
you’ll have a basket of goodies to treat on.

15 Responses to Horroween

1. Sherry Marr says:

It’s a fun time. I love it when people in the shops dress up. Last year our very tall pharmacist dressed in drag. I didnt recognize him! Lol.

2. Carrie V. H. says:

Your fun and delightful poem captured it sweetly Sara! It made me smile!

3. Ha, you’ve entered right into the spirit of it, I see!

4. jaerose37 says:

A great poem for Halloween

5. Mary says:

You captured the spirit of the holiday very well!

Very fun, as it should be!

7. We’re getting ready for the horde of pirates, princesses, and other assorted monsters to arrive today. 🙂 Happy Halloween!

So cute, Sara. I especially like the last lines, “If you manage not to get eaten you’ll have a basket of goodies to treat on.” We always buy candy that we like to have for leftovers. This year it was minatures, Twix for our granddaughter and Butterfingers (for us to crumble on ice cream).

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )