Luminous

Written for:  Imaginary Gardens With Real Toads – Weekend Mini-Challenge
Just One Word:  Burnished  (posted by Marian)

kyle-van-alstyne-fzx5d7UcJck-unsplash

kyle-van-alstyne-fzx5d7UcJck-unsplash

Luminous in the window
of the jeweler’s at night.
She stops in front to gaze.
A pair of burnished earrings
for which she’ll have to save.

This entry was posted in Purple's Home and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Luminous

1. oldegg says:

On the other hand you could eat cheap for the week…or two!

2. Helen L Dehner says:

This is such a wonderful poem story, poignant and real.

3. Marian says:

Aw! Yes, such a short and sweet verse that tells a large tale. I adore it. I hope she gets those earrings!!

4. Maybe it’s a good thing we have to save a bit for the things we wish for.

5. jaerose37 says:

I love this – it is good to have an object to save and wait for

6. I agree, it does help build character. I was always saving for things as a child.

7. Lori says:

That glint that catches the eye, and perhaps the ear!

8. Margaret Elizabeth Bednar says:

Window shopping – it isn’t easy! It’s sometimes better to not going at all –

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )