New Forest Sounds

Written for:  Sunday Muse #81

Deer, record player

Photography by Sarolta Ban View website HERE

Oh no, they cut our tree down.

It is a shame guys, I know.  Poor guy was failing.

Now there are sounds of lovely music
playing.  Do you suppose he left us
a gift?

18 Responses to New Forest Sounds

1. This short tale insists on the positive.

2. Carrie V. H. says:

Love the voice of the deer and question at the end. It is a
    positive and fun take on the photo. So glad you joined us Sara!

3. I think the voice of the trees were finer than what was left.

4. Sherry Marr says:

Ah, what a nice idea, the leaving of a gift.

5. Truedessa says:

I imagine the songs to be sorrowful, perhaps, it was the tree that left his song blowing in the wind.

6. Beverly Crawford says:

Perhaps it’s playing “Gone, Gone, Gone” — or a funeral dirge. When trees are cut down the action always leaves me feeling sad. All those secrets ‘blowin’ in the wind” !

7. wyndolynne says:

A sense of hope? The idea of the parting gift in this is interesting.

8. Susie Clevenger says:

I like the sense of hope it ends with. The animals look as if they could use it.

9. Regina Phillips says:

No doubt they hope for another form of protection, since the tree is no more. Nice spin on the prompt!

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )