Hair Fibs

Written for:  Poets and Storytellers United
Weekly Scribblings #19:  Lie to Me  (posted by Rommy)

“For this week’s prompt, I’d like you to focus your words around lies or the idea of a lie, whether they’re little ones as I described above or great big whoppers.”

She asks me how I like her hair
primping it up for me to admire.
You can’t tell a friend for whom your care
that it looks like electrical wire.
If she wasn’t sure and wanted my thoughts,
I would have eased into the truth a bit
but the look on her face, said she sought
complete agreement–her hair was a hit.

20 Responses to Hair Fibs

1. oldegg says:

Well you could tell her it looks good on her but sadly wouldn’t suit you that way, as though you were jealous!

2. Sometimes it IS kinder to lie!

3. gillena cox says:

A witty ditty, luv that you chose to rhyme

Much💚love

4. Lori says:

Some lies are pleasing in the telling. Both for the giver and the receiver. Like hair, it grows on you. 🙂

5. Helen says:

OMG, OMG, this very same scenario happened in my life yesterday. It was my sister and I could not tell her the truth about her Coronavirus hairdo attempt at ‘pretty.’ Could not.

6. sanaarizvi says:

Hahaha I resonate with this one! 😀 I would try to tell her that it could be better (at the risk of getting yelled at) 💝💝

7. its best to tell the truth but then again, the receiver would not take it well. sometimes lies do obliterate an awkward position. great write!

8. Rall says:

Hmmm….you could joke and say it would make a nice nest for a little budgie….but then maybe not:)

Haha. No, you have to not offend the bod who cooks for you. I say, that looks nice. Some day I’d like for you to try doing ____ again, what do you say? (Been married 47 years, that seems to be the best I can do.)