In My Mind’s Eye

Written for:  Sunday Muse #108

Aztec3

“Hello Muse people! Here is your weekly image to inspire your writing. Look, mull, write, link,visit! The image is the Aztec Theater in downtown San Antonio, Texas. Once a grand movie palace with full faux Aztec decor inside including ornate pillars, by the time I lived there it was a bargain movie house called the Aztec 3 because it was divided into three theaters. By the time I visited some years later, it was closed. However, I understand that it is being used once again, as a venue for concerts and whatnot. I’m glad the old girl has found new love.”

Ah, such memories
flood my mind. The old
Aztec Theater. We found
it so glamorous
back in the day.
As teens, we never cared
much about what movie
was playing. Sitting
up in that grand balcony,
in the dark, we had other
things on our minds.

20 Responses to In My Mind’s Eye

1. qbit says:

Hahaha! Yep!

2. fireblossom32 says:

I can’t remember what movies I saw there, either! But I loved going there when I could find a non-action type movie showing.

3. Carrie V. H. says:

I think that was true for many young people. That grand balcony is a wonderful view! Love your take Sara!!

4. Sherry Marr says:

Ah, that took me back. I remember on a date in my teens crying when Cruella de Ville was stealing the puppies. My date laughed his head off.

5. Helen says:

How sweet, and yes how true. The name of my theatre in Collinsville Illinois was the “Miner’s” .. lots of hand holding, an occasional arm around my shoulder a few chaste kisses. Wishing you a good week.

6. Ah, memories. I remember those time so well. Nice one.

7. *giggle* I know I went to the movies a lot as a teen, but there were more than a few movies I never actually saw, being busy with other matters.

8. Susie Clevenger says:

Movie theaters…What memories they hold

9. wyndolynne says:

Perfectly conjuring memories 🙂

Brings memories, Sara. One of visiting Mom’s family in Oregon when I was sixteen. My uncle, also sixteen, had a 1936 Chevy and we went to a movie. We sat in the balcony so he could smoke.

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )