Really?

Written for:  dVerse Poets Pub – Quadrille #105:  Cry Havoc and Let SLIP
‘the Dogs of War’.  (posted by Linda Lee Lyberg)  “slip”

Mind slipped
over past eight years, or
he born that way.
Nothing slips out
by accident. Next day
he claims,
“out of context”, “You
misunderstood”,
or the ever popular,
“I was being sarcastic.”
To call his administration
slip-shod is kind.
Pink slip time.

26 Responses to Really?

1. Frank Hubeny says:

Being sarcastic isn’t an excuse.

2. lifelessons says:

Can’t escape him, even in poetry! I’m guilty too.

3. Excellent poem! I can’t stand his sociopathic narcissism, though I was in a relationship with one for a couple of years, 6 years ago, so I suggest to try this. Watch him. Literally, watch him. Mute the sound, and just watch his gestures and non-verbals. Little Lord Fauntleroy who’s seriously and intensely a NEEDY tantrum-throwing 4-year old.

4. This is wonderful, and indeed it is pink slip time. Now, if he will only go…

5. pvcann says:

It is pink slip time, I love how you weave the lines.

6. There’s no “if” he will go. It has to be actionably made to happen. Omission will be the enemy.

7. sanaarizvi says:

Being sarcastic is in no way acceptable!

8. memadtwo says:

I think I know that person…(K)

9. Lona Gynt says:

Who are you talking about? I can’t quite tell, could you possible be talking about Trump, or all the scared littel cowtows who make him possible. Pink slip time indeed (one can dream). But anyway, you shouldn’t knock sarcasm too much, sometimes it can be a useful skill, as delineated in this excellent excerpt from a documentary about a super-hero crime fighting academy. 😉

10. Raivenne says:

Sarcasm my hind-quarters! From your lips to His ears regarding that pink lingerie. Nicely done.