Twenty-Five Years

Written for:  Poets and Storytellers United  (posted by Rommy)
Weekly scribblings #25:  “Well, That Was Unexpected”
“Hello Word Artists and Admirers! For this week’s prompt I’d like you to shape your artistry around the word “unexpected”. You don’t need to use the word itself, but you should at least incorporate thoughts, feelings around the idea of the “unexpected” into your creation.”

Twenty-Fifth Wedding

I thought they were
so happy together.
My, my, you just
never know.’

22 Responses to Twenty-Five Years

1. Gillena Cox says:

You just never know, indeed, Nice response to the prompt

much love…

2. Oh, I’ve lived that one! Because I’d always looked forward to celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary, my second husband decided to have that lovely party before breaking it to me that he wished to end the marriage. (But luckily he did me a favour – the next unexpected event was meeting the man who became my third husband and happiest marriage.)

3. sanaarizvi says:

Tragic 😦

4. oldegg says:

It is so sad when a couple don’t fully understand the responsibilities of partnership and marriage.

5. Helen Dehner says:

Oh my, totally unexpected! Far too many couples simply let go without fighting for what brought them together in the first place. (if it was real that is.)

6. joem18b says:

thanks for the poem.

looking back, at twenty-five years, you’re just getting to know each other, and if one has been growing and the other hasn’t, uh oh.

cheers.

7. Beverly Crawford says:

This happened to a friend of mine. Weeks after the party, he confessed to an affair with a neighbor’s wife and the marriage ended! A quarter century of marriage must be a dangerous mark in time! My husband passed when we were married just under 24 years.

8. magicalmysticalteacher says:

I went to an actual wedding a year ago. A few days ago on Facebook I congratulated the bride and groom on one year of marital life. “Oh, we’re not together anymore,” he said to me. Oops!

9. You captured so well that moment in time of the end from an outsider’s point of view. Marriage can often be taken for granted.

10. Just goes to show. I’ve seen a couple of long time marriages break up too.