Unusual State of Being

Written for: The Sunday Muse #124 (posted by Carrie)

Don't know how I got up
here.  The den was partying,
celebrating the birth
of a new cub.  I am not
much of a drinker, dulls
my senses.  I remember
ordering one glass
of blood wine, and then . . .
nothing.   Someone slipped
something menacing
into my drink.  My mane
is dripping with sweat,
and I have a roar of
a headache.  The joker
had better own up
to his deed.  I need
to get off this tree.

20 Responses to Unusual State of Being

This is one of a defferent breed for you, Sara. I like it but it is so very graphic of a dilema that most of us don’t want to talk about.
    I ONCE was up your tree, mabe twice. Once I got down by driving with my head out the car window so I could follow the white line driving home. The other I was rescued by my girlfriend and her brother and another one or two putting me in the shower, cold. I was probably 20 years old. Never again.

2. wyndolynne says:

Poor guy! Hope he gets down safely.

3. Beverly Crawford says:

Ha! Too much partying was more than the king of the jungle could handle! Fun write.

4. gillena says:

LOL nice one Sara

Stay Safe

Much💝love

5. Carrie V. H. says:

“Roar of a headache” love it! This is wonderful Sara! A clever and creative take on the image!!

6. Bwahahahaha! I just adore this. In one poem, you’ve made think of Klingon wine, took me to the jungle, and reminded me that alcohol can leave even the best of us in a foolish spot. 😀

7. robtkistner says:

Made me smile Sara… 🙂

8. Helen Dehner says:

Love this, Sarah … reminiscent of a few headaches back in the day.

9. qbit says:

LOL! For sure. Can we all get down from this tree? Whose idea of a joke was this anyway?

10. Sherry Marr says:

His perch does look precarious. Good one, Sara.

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )