Quilted Autumn

Written for:  dVerse Poets Pub:  Quadrille #113 - Blanket Us
(posted by Merrill)

"Use blanket as a noun, adjective, or verb. Describe a blanket, real or imagined. Make a blanket statement. Be cozy, dark, sensual, or funny. Maybe you want to blanket us with sunshine or warmth or blanket us under snow. Your choice, as long as your poem is 44 words."

Maple tree leaves dance
in the zephyrs of Autumn’s
dawn. Mahogany, burgundy,
russet, and scarlet swirl,
twirl as ballet dancers
on branches. As the season
advances, wintry weather winds
replace gentler breezes,
and dancers sway and float
in air, blanketing ground
in beauteous quilt.

25 Responses to Quilted Autumn

1. Lucy says:

Beautifully majestic and colorful. Amazing work, as always. 😉

2. Beautiful writing; I love all the colors and the “twirl[ing] as ballet dancers on branches.”

3. I love how you described leaves as twirling ballet dances on tree branches. Lovely poem.

4. hank77 says:

kaykuala
    dancers sway and float
    in air, blanketing ground
    in beauteous quilt.

It creates beauty and colour of mobility and movements. It creates a great pic Sarah. One can ‘see’ a lot of moving around in your poem! Great!

Hank

5. I love all of the colors you have conveyed in your words

6. robtkistner says:

I could feel those chill winds Sara. Although I do love autumn. Nice Writing.

7. Ingrid says:

I could see the dance of autumn into winter as you described it: beautiful!

8. pvcann says:

I can see that beauteous quilt, one I love and enjoy, love the imagery and flow of this.

9. merrildsmith says:

I love all the colors and the swirling and twirling. A quadrille is also a dance–this is like a dance of a poem.

10. We need that splash of colors before the winter sets in.

11. sanaarizvi says:

Goodness this is gorgeous!! 💝💝

12. Grace says:

Love the autumn canvas – colors of leaves- twirl as ballet dancers.

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )