Making The Switch

Written for:  Poets and Storytellers United
Weekly Scribblings #40:  Walking Away  (posted by Rosemary)

"Write about walking away."

Reluctantly releasing myself
from warmth of Summer's
embrace.  Green, pink,
and yellow all had their
place.  Time has come
to enmesh myself in russets,
and amber, swaying on
Autumn's trees.

15 Responses to Making The Switch

1. What a delightful kind of walking away, this moving on. Beautifully described.

2. Lisa says:

Very nice! Summer’s end is coming whether we like it or not, so walking away towards autumn just makes sense. I am not sorry to leave behind the heat, constant watering, and wildfires.

3. Lori says:

I have such a hard time of walking away from summer. I miss it the moment it’s gone.

4. Helen Dehner says:

I enjoyed the rainbow of colors in your poem …..

Nice and welcome change coming makes parting with the old desirable. But here in Texas south, along the Gulf Coast, we are still on our 90’sF even in October. Climate change?

6. -Eugenia says:

Changing season beautifully expressed!

7. Kestril Trueseeker says:

I’ve learned to love every season, but the price of that love is always being a little sad as I let one go.

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )