Written for: Poetic Bloomings2 - For Your Consideration -
Mother (In-Law)'s Cooking
"Write a list poem: Nine reasons to eat your mother (in-law)'s
- My mom could tender a brisket every time. My sister
and I have given up.
- If you like your stuffed cabbage sweet and sour, Mom's tang
- Crispy fried chicken? She learned from a southerner
while Dad was stationed in Ft. Jackson.
- Remember homemade french fries? Yup, she made them from
- Love turkey with stuffing? You would moan in delight
over Mom's two specialties–chestnut and cornbread.
- Mom taught us how to bake original Toll House chocolate chip
cookies. We would try to eat them before they cooled.
- Years ago, I loved her chopped liver, hand ground in an old
steel grinder. Secret ingredient: seltzer.
- Though Dad called it rabbit food, Mom's salad ingredients
differed. Sometimes you'd find chopped scallions, or
radishes, or thin sliced red onion.
- She would be so hurt if I didn't.
This entry was posted in Purple's Home
and tagged food
. Bookmark the permalink