Two Years

Written for:  Poets and Storytellers United
Weekly Scribblings #46:  Let's Celebrate!  (posted by Rosemary)

"So I had a birthday. Did I what! Which, dear wordsmiths, many of you already know from having seen it on facebook and showering me with good wishes.

That made me pause to realise, gratefully, how many friendships poetry has brought me over the years. Not all my fb friends and well-wishers are poets, but the majority are.

So let’s continue the party mood here! I invite you to write something celebratory. Or else to tell us about a particular celebration, real or imagined. New writing please, one per person, poetry or prose. Prose – a maximum of 369 words excluding title – may be fiction or non-."

Two years have passed by swiftly.
This is the anniversary
of the day he began
to become a different man.
His life has changed, his outlook, too.
Smiles and laughter replaced the blue.
He works with others to help them see,
how to find their own way, worked for me.

This entry was posted in Purple's Home and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Two Years

1. oldegg says:

Then you are fortunate! Life and relationships do not always suceed.

2. Lovely! That’s certainly an anniversary worth celebrating.

3. Helen Dehner says:

A positive, uplifting message in your writing today, what we need more of in these trying times. Thank you, Sara.

4. M says:

a happy day, indeed ~

5. jaerose37 says:

A wonderful celebration

6. -Eugenia says:

Congrats on your happy day!

7. Lisa says:

That’s a wonderful thing to celebrate. Even the day one decides they need to change and takes steps to do so is something grand. How nice to then turn and help others.

Sara, I am glad this is true for you. Thank you for sharing, congratulations, “it worked for me.”

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )