Bone-chilling

Written for:  Poets and Storytellers United
(posted by Rommy)
Weekly Scribblings #50:  Down In My Bones

"I’d like us all to think about how we might finish this sentence, “Down in my bones, I feel _”. If you’d rather tackle this from a different angle, you also have the option to write about bones in general. It also isn't necessary to use the exact phrasing."

A chill fills me
calling, and I can hear
the birds sing.

21 Responses to Bone-chilling

1. Lisa says:

So true! 🙂

2. Jael Stevens says:

Mostly it gets WET in Pac NW winter…so we get “prune-y” or raisin-y 🙂 🙂 I was especially moved by the final lines…”birds sing”.

3. Rall says:

Cold is not for the old !!

4. Helen Dehner says:

I love this ~ ten months plus into this horrific pandemic I will suffer the discomfort of cold, snow, biting winds ~~ ready for June and a healing planet. Lest you believe me to be a martyr, I assure you winter chills me to the bone as well. Happy Holidays to you and yours.

5. Beverly Crawford says:

L*O*N*G time from December ’til June! In my world the birds begin to sing in March, and I will stay snug inside til then. May you find a warm corner and a good book, and may time pass in a pleasant blur!!

6. My bones and I are right there with you, especially after today. I went out to play in the snow, to hike a bit… and although that was fun, my feet are still freezing!

I am ready for Spring and Summer (I liked your alliteration, “I fear and feel”), seems we left the countrify for at least a month of the last several years. We were down into the 30’s last week but not quite frost. Last year we did not have a freeze.

8. Winter has its charms but I love summer and the warmth it brings, lovely poem.