Tales Told

hanging down among
the stones where
it washed ashore.
Clouds impose their
steely swirls onto
this hulk.  In Summer,
we climbed up the sides,
gathered inside, and told
ghost stories of captains,
sailors, pirates,
and fool's gold.

17 Responses to Tales Told

1. qbit says:

“tell / ghost stories of captains, / sailors, pirates, / and fool’s gold.” – for sure!

Perhaps the Coast Guard has rescued all onboard and no salvage
    company wants to haul the old wooden boat away to salvage?

3. robtkistner says:

Wow, that is a really charming write Sara! Filled with children’s wonder and laughter!

4. M says:

I ad-libbed the word “we” in place of “kids” – and fell into the poem itself ~

5. Carrie V. H. says:

I can hear the magnificent stories being told. A wonderful poem for the image Sara!!

6. msjadeli says:

Sara, I like the idea of the boat being repurposed in such a way. Oh the tales it could tell.

7. Helen Dehner says:

Half a shipwreck …. makes for wild and woolly ghost stories! Love this Sara.

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )